Celtic Music Radio’s has a mission to be a strong cultural voice for contemporary and traditional Scottish music, arts and culture, pioneering new frontiers in communication and broadcasting by including people that do not have access to mainstream media.
- The service is targeted at our ‘community of interest’, namely the Glasgow area’s practising creative artists in a broad range of music and cultural endeavour across a range of genres of music, media and speech.
- The service aims to advance education, in particular by promoting the performance, learning and appreciation of a broad spectrum of Celtic music and cultural activity; to enhance the understanding of this genre of music and be pro-active in the development of the rich heritage of Celtic music and Scottish culture.
- Celtic Music Radio is primarily for the good of members of the public in order to deliver social gain, rather than for commercial reasons.
Our Charity’s published aims are:
- To provide a range of training, development, volunteering and vocational opportunities for people of all ages and all backgrounds; promoting active volunteering and maximising the participation opportunities for marginalised people within a community of interest;
- To encourage and advance active citizenship in all sections of the community through the making and presenting of radio programmes with a strong cultural voice for contemporary and traditional Scottish music, arts and culture from Scotland and other Celtic lands;
- To provide an outlet for singers and songwriters, musicians and expressions across a range of artistic disciplines and to promote Scottish undiscovered and emerging artists;
- To advance education by providing training for volunteers of all ages, with a particular emphasis on developing the skills, talents and confidence of young people through links with further and higher education;
- To provide programming output with a view to raising awareness about Scottish heritage in music and culture and to establishing a forum for discussion on these issues;
- To promote cultural diversity and community cohesion by providing a right of access to minority and marginalised groups, thereby reflecting the interests and opinions contained within our community of interest
- To have a mission to be a strong cultural voice for contemporary and traditional Scottish music, arts and culture; pioneering new frontiers in communication and broadcasting by including people that do not have access to mainstream media.