Joining the Phat Controller will be DOSCA talking about their new album and upcoming gigs and of course their album launch at Celtic Connections and gig with the legendary Croft No 5 on 20 January at St Lukes’
With influences from Scottish and Irish folk, as well as a hint of jazz, the band’s self-titled debut EP was launched early in 2015, leading them on to a number of prominent appearances throughout Scotland and further afield – including the MG Alba Scots Trad Music Awards, Edinbugh’s Usher Hall, Piping Live! in Glasgow, and a return to Celtic Connections in 2016. They are set to launch their highly-anticipated debut album ‘Meridian’ at Celtic Connections 2018, featuring their new line-up which includes young Scottish Jazz Musician of the Year 2017 David Bowden, whose award coincided with fiddler Charlie Stewart’s winning of the BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the Year 2017
Charlie Stewart -Fiddle/Strings
James Harper – Bagpipes
Joe Armstrong – Flute/Vocals
Luc McNally -Guitar/Bouzouki/Backing Vocals
David Bowden – Bass Guitar/Double Bass
Stephen Henderson -Drum Kit/Percussion
Album – Meridian :- launched on 20th January 2018
1. Meridian(Comp. Hamish MacLeod)
2. Accidental Thumb The Sunday Club (Comp. Finlay MacDonald) Neil Angus McDonald (Trad.)The Accidental Thumb (Comp. Charlie Stewart)
3. Pound A Week Rise Pound A Week Rise (Comp. Ed Pickford)
4. Jimmy’s Pipe Major Jimmy McGregor (Comp. John Scott)
5. Two For Joy Two For Joy (Comp. Brian Finnegan)
6. Oblique Mom’s Jig (Comp. Jerry Holland) The Oblique Jig (Comp. Niall Vallely) Dolina MacKay (Comp. James Scott)
7. Arthur McBride Arthur McBride (Trad.)
8. Rosebank Rosebank Wing (Comp. Stephen Henderson) The Old Favourite (Trad.) Thadelo’s (Comp. Johnny O’Leary)
9. Golden Brown Golden Brown (Comp. Kyle Warren) Elizabeth Kelly’s Delight (Trad.) 10. Storm The Presque Isle (Comp. Finlay McDonald) Highland Storm (Comp. Scott MacAulay)
Guest Musicians :-
Cameron Jay – Trumpet (tracks 1, 5 and 10)
Michael Butcher – Tenor Saxophone (tracks 1, 5 and 10)
Liam Shortall – Trombone (tracks 1, 5 and 10)
Fergus McCreadie – Piano (track 7)
Gus Stirrat – Additional Guitars and Synth
Produced by Gus Stirrat.
All tracks arranged by Dosca.
Brass arrangements on tracks 5 and 10 by Luc McNally.
Tracks 4, 5 & 6 recorded by Mattie Foulds at Caribou Recording.
Tracks 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 & 10 recorded by Gus Stirrat at Solas Sound.
All tracks mixed by Gus Stirrat and mastered by Iain Hutchison at GloWorm Recording.
Artwork by Louise Bichan.
All rights reserved. © DOSCAMUSIC 2018