OFCOM Key Commitments
Licence number: CR000257BA
Service name: Celtic Music Radio
Licence area: Glasgow (as shown in the licensed coverage area map)
Frequency: 95.0 MHz
Description of character of service
Celtic Music Radio is for those with an interest in contemporary and traditional ‘Celtic’ music and Scottish culture. It offers a strong cultural voice, promoting the performance, learning and appreciation of a broad spectrum of Celtic music.
The service broadcasts:
Music: The music mainly broadcast over the course of each week is: traditional and contemporary music from Celtic artists, from around the world. Other World music also features.
Speech: The main types of speech output broadcast over the course of each week are: general news and information, interviews and discussions, music-based educational features.
- Over the course of each week, programming in English is broadcast with some Gaelic and Scots programming.
- The service provides original output* for a minimum of 11 hours per day.
- The service provides locally-produced output** for a minimum of 13 hours per day.
The studio is located within the licensed coverage area.
The service provides a range of community benefits (social gain objectives mandated by statute) for the target community, both on-air and off-air, and in doing so, achieves the following objectives:
- the facilitation of discussion and the expression of opinion,
- the provision (whether by means of programmes included in the service or otherwise) of education or training to individuals not employed by the person providing the service, and
- the better understanding of the particular community and the strengthening of links within it.
Members of the target community contribute to the operation and management of the service.
The service has mechanisms in place to ensure it is accountable to its target community.
[June 2014. Revised November 2016]
* Original output is output that is first produced for and transmitted by the service, and excludes output that was transmitted elsewhere before. Original output can be live or voice-tracked. Repeat broadcasts of original output do not count towards the minimum requirement.
** Locally-produced output is any output made and broadcast from within the service’s licensed coverage area. It may include all types of local production.